ICTC Outlook for Human Resources in the ICT Labour Market 2011-2016

This report profiles the labour market outlook for ICT Occupations, that is to say, occupations that specialize in developing or supporting information and communications technology (ICT) products and services. In 2010, approximately 4.0% of employed Canadians worked in an ICT Occupation. Roughly 60% were employed in the ICT industry, i.e., companies that produce ICT products and services. The remaining 40% worked for companies, public sector institutions, or organizations that use ICT products and services as inputs into their business operations.

The purpose of the 2011 Outlook is to identify the most likely trajectory of labour market conditions over the next five years. The outlook anticipates how the ICT labour market will unfold, in the absence of interventions to change that trajectory. In essence, the 2011 Outlook describes how the ICT labour market will evolve over the next five years, if we stay on ‘automatic pilot’.

Read the report here.